Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

For Jesus had Bad Days too

A few hours ago from writing this, I found myself indulging in memories of past hurts and wrongs done to me and so accused God of being unfair. I began questioning why He allowed such things to happen and became impatient as to the rate of my purpose's revelation. I would have gone on and on about it when I remembered something Nick Vujicic said, that “There is a greater purpose for each and every storm in our lives.”

How could I have so easily forgotten when I even wrote about it on a recent post? I soon felt calmness spread through me and asked God to forgive my recent drama - It was a bad case of self pity.

I looked up self pity on an online dictionary and found this: (n) the act or state of pitying oneself, especially in an exaggerated or self-indulgent manner.

Please take note of the word exaggerated.

When we indulge in self pity, we amplify the hurts by giving them more thoughts than they deserve. We keep reliving the pain, and eventually these emotions swallow us. They become us in due time, and a drama king or queen is born.

Now, going back on what I wrote about why God allowed such things to happen... Perhaps the next time we think of accusing God of unfairness, maybe we can also ponder why Jesus was chosen to die instead of us? Isn't it unfairness that we were the ones chosen to live over Him, I mean He is definitely the better person... If that isn't injustice, then I don't know what is.

Jesus went through hell on earth for you, and believe me, He understands what a bad day is!


If your trust was betrayed...

Jesus was sold for thirty pieces of silver by one of his closest friends - Judas. The betrayer still had the guts to kiss Him on the cheek before He was tied and taken away.

Bullied..?

Jesus was stripped and whipped in public, and was laughed at by the multitude. His suffering became a source of entertainment for people who had nothing better to do. (And up to now, the number of those people grew!)

If you suffered injustice...

Jesus suffered punishment for a crime He did not commit. The higher official knew he was innocent, but washed hands and left Him to the mercy of the ignorant public. He was treated like a common criminal and suffered the highest form of punishment during those days.

Your day couldn't possibly be longer than what Jesus had...

He had to carry the weight of His own cross, and after a long walk, He had to be crucified on it. On the only time He could take a breather that day, He had nails on His arms and feet. He even had a spear wound on His side! Then finally, to make matters worse, the two criminals beside Him just wouldn't stop bickering!


You think you've had it bad? Think again!

The next time we're about to wallow in self pity, think of what Jesus went through to grant us salvation... Jesus thinks we're worth every ounce of pain He suffered, why then can't we put that much value in ourselves?

Love yourself for who you are, and let go of all past hurts. They were there to make us stronger and not to ruin us. Do not dwell in the pains of the past, for “love keeps no record of wrongs.” (1 Cor 13:5)

God bless!

_____________________________________________________________
I value additional insights and feed back, your comments are appreciated.
Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment