Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

How a Strange Dream Struck Reality – by Rianne Kee

It was a week when I wasn't sleeping too well. My pillow seemed to be wanting to go everywhere except under my head, and my entire body wanted to just slip off my bed even when it's size is enough for my five feet five inches frame. Whenever I finally do get some sleep, I would wake up within an hour or two thanks to Canada's cold weather.

On the night of this year's April 21st... I had a strong urge to sing to God, which was something that never happened to me before... There was something entirely different that time.

So I sat up on my bed and leaned against the wall being careful not to wake my little sister who was sleeping on the floor that time. I began to sing (they actually sounded more like whispers). I sang slow songs - songs of God's forgiveness and finally caught some sleep.

That night, I dreamed that I was in our high school's annual sports fest, and I was late! On my way going to the pool where the sophomores were required to participate in some activity that I can't vividly remember, I was stopped by someone whom I can't vividly remember either. The person led me to a little room and I followed.

There was a fat guy in the room sitting on a revolving chair, and he's been waiting to ask me one question. He gestured for me to sit down and I silently urged him to hurry because I was going to miss all the fun, but he did not speak. Instead, he wrote down a question that read, "If there's anyone you know who could get saved right now, who would that be..?" There were some jiberish that followed, but they were all from a book I was reading that time. (Boy, my imagination must have been soaring high!)

Anyway, when I read the question, I first thought of my grandma from dad's side who is not yet a Christian. Actually, there were lots of people who also entered my mind, but I zeroed in on grandma in the end. I told the fat guy about her - how stubborn she is about receiving Christ even though she's heard the Gospel a gazillion times and how she is a devout Buddhist. I blabbered on, and he asked minimal questions that I can hardly remember. But there was, however, one question that hit me... "Are you praying for her constantly..?"

I started to cry. Never have I been so ashamed! I have never even spared one or two sentences to pray for her salvation.

I woke up then, and a tear slid down my cheek. It was around six in the morning and I prayed like I never prayed before! I didn't even notice that I was thirsty.

At 12,000 miles from the Philippines where my grandma was, I prayed for her. I asked God to break her heart's barriers - big ones! I claimed God's promises of "ask and it shall be given to you," and "all things are possible with God." I asked Him to bless her and to use me if needed be... I prayed for her salvation.

I thanked Him for His faithfulness and His mercy for me and my grandma. I even went as far as already thanking Him for her salvation! I just lifted up the results to His hands. All these I did with tears in my eyes, and I wrote them all on a tiny notebook I found at the foot of my bed

I thank God for speaking to me that night (in an unconventional manner at that), and up to now, I consistently pray for Him to touch my grandma's heart. She is now more open to the Christian faith, but I hold on to that day when she will fully receive Jesus in her heart.


Post was edited from it's original content by Kenneth Morgan but sequence and events remain unaltered... 

Have an inspiring story or point of view that can push giants? I encourage you to share. You may visit the author's page for ways to correspond with me.

God bless! 

__________________________________________________________________
I value additional insights and feed back, your comments are appreciated.
Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment