Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Cross That Gets You Across

In my article If God Answers Prayers, Then Why Can't We See Them, I mentioned that God's answers could already be events that have come to past... Events that equipped us to pull through our present moment of struggle, I also included an old Jewish proverb that goes,  “I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.”


Now, I would like to share with you some illustrations that my friend Candy Rae e-mailed me, I think the story is a very good example of what I was trying to say...


 “Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.” - Matthew 16:24

"No one else will take up your cross. Only you can carry it. That is why God created you. All things has its purpose and reason. We owe God. What is it that God is calling you to do? Carry your cross. Don’t leave yourself defenseless." - Sean Si, Christians Need a Break... Not

______________________________________________________
I value additional insights and feed back, your comments are appreciated.
Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment